Finding the perfect wedding photographer in the Northern California area can be a challenge! You want your photographs to look absolutely amazing, and finding the photographer that fits your vibe, and has the photographic style you want can be a challenge. So, I wrote this article to help you prioritize what are the most important aspects, and how to find your dream photographer.
Now that you know your top needs, its time to book your dream photographer! And, I have lots of helpful tricks on where to look!
3. When you google, “Sacramento Wedding Photographers”, you’ll come up with a list of over 1,000 photographers. It can be hard to find the right one for you. But, there are lots of websites that can help you find your dream photographer! Two of my favorites, and who my brides have loved, not just for weddings (there are lots of other amazing vendors listen on these websites, like makeup artists or florists) are The Wandering Wedding, which you can find at…
And, The Wedding Pioneer is another amazing place to find your dream photographer! Find it here…
4. After looking through these websites, you probably have a few photographers who stood out to you. Now is the time to reach out to them, and learn more about what each photographer offers! This is your big day, so take the time to get to know each of them, whether that be over the phone, in person, or on zoom. Each photographer has their own process to help you get the best day possible, and best photographs ever, so make sure their process is a good fit for you.
5. After you’ve gotten the time to know your photographers, you’ve probably have narrowed the list down just a bit! Its really important that you feel comfortable with your photographer, and like they are just another one of your friends. This way on your big day, you will be super happy they are around, and feel extra comfortable with them taking your photographs. really consider which photographer you could see as being your best friend, and pick them!
6. Once you’ve picked that extra special photographer, make sure to let the other photographers you reached out to and got to know that you have decided not to book with them. Thank them, as they have spent time getting to know you! maybe even send them a little thank you gift, for their time and love!
7. Wohooo!! You’ve done it, you’ve booked your wedding photographer! Be prepared for gifts, information overload, and tons of fun surprises! Booking a wedding photographer not only feels awesome because you’ve made one of the biggest decisions in your wedding but also because you got your dream photographer!